Sunday, August 5, 2007

Sense of Nostalgia

On a lazy saturday weekend morning I usually stay at my home and with these wicked rains around it's better to stay indoors.And ofcourse my favourite paastime at home is watching The Tele...So as I was surfing through all the channels,I came across the promo of Gandhi-my father and as I was about to change the channel,something stopped me...A song which played in the background of the promo almost shook me up...A sense of nostalgia,pride and past memories filled my heart with sorrow... the song was ......

Raghupati Raghav Rajaram Patit Paavan Sitaram
Sitaram Jai Sitaram Bhaj pyare tu Sitaram
Ishwar Allah Tere Naam Sabko sanmati de Bhagwan.
Raat ko Nindiya Din ko KaamKabhi Bhajoge Prabhu Ka NaamKarte rahiye aapne Kaam Lete Rahiye Prabhu Ka Naam
Raghupati Raghav Rajaram Patit Paavan Sitaram

This song took my 10 years back,The time when I was in school.I used to love social studies .Though my favorite subject was Geography,I did'nt particularly hate History.Infact I enjoyed it.I thought the subject was a complete story book....If somebody comes and tells me that he/she hates history,I would never be able to figure out why?I would definately get an impresion that he/she does not like reading story books,the person definately does not like reading books for that matter.... :p

Coming back to the song,When our 60'th independence day is just around the corner,I heard this song on the tele and felt a bit lost.The song revived in me a certain kind of pride and made me feel so different.It felt as if a certain kind of aura had surrounded me.It's so sad that when we leave our school we forget our history.The songs that we sang in school,glorifying our culture,our heritage and our past .....where is that today ??....as if there's no need for it ....I don't feel patriotic enough now-a-days and I can say the same for my friends..

Our society does celebrate the cultural events though,be it the independence day or the republic day....Atleast by attending those ceremonies some amount of that pride comes into affect...atleast I can stand in attention and salute the national flag when the anthem is being played......I would like to urge all the youngsters to atleast attend that ceremony and feel something....You can go back to your school days and feel a sense of nostalgia yourself........

I would like to end by this beautifully written thing that I found while surfing

Chaaya Hai Dekho Phirse Azaadi Ka Samaan...
Jhoom Raha Hai Dekho Phirse Hindustaan..
Aao Sab Khushiyaan Manaayein...
Azaadi Ko Phirse Dohraayein....
Aao Sab Mil Jhulke Ab...
Is Desh Ko Dulhan Banaayein....
Azaadi Ko Phirse Dohraayein....

1 comment:

  1. dude yaar
    I felt the same till some idiots from dharavi stole my fone and then some illiterate gaonwaalas broke public property yesterday
    I wanna leave this country now.. for good

    ReplyDelete

Go Onn ..... Do it !!!!!